Put things bright

Monday, May 20, 2013

Green Breakfast Juice

After a more and more common aversion to meat (No, I'm not pregnant!), a desire of mine and my hubby to eat more veggies and lose weight and then seeing Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, I am going to try out juicing.  I'm going to be posting some recipes so that you can see it but also for me to have a place to put my recipes.  This morning for breakfast I had this and made it for the hubs and I but next time I need to add more.

Breakfast:  (2 servings but should have been just one)
1/2 cucumber
1 gala apple
1 Kale leaf
1 1/2 cups (or so) of mixed frozen fruit
3 TBS (I think) of vanilla protein powder from HEB bulk section
about 1/4 cup chopped Nopalitos
water

Dinner: (2 servings)
1/2 cucumber
5-6 Kale leaves
1 avocado
1 Gala apple
1 banana
2 Ataulfo mangos (the little yellow guys)
about 1/2 cup of chopped Nopalitos
ice
water

Almond Milk
Soak 1 cup of almonds over night, rinse and drain
4 cups of water
   Blend and then strain in a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
   Rinse the blender to get rid of the almond pulp

Pour milk back into blender.
Add 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 tsp agave nectar or honey, 1/8 tsp of kosher salt and blend just a tad.

I'm not a milk drinker but this, my friend, is GOOD!!!  It is sweet and I could just drink it straight.  I am going to use this in some juices and I just made some green tea in it! EXCELLENT (but I burned the @$%$#% out of my tongue...careful!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment