Put things bright

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cheap Veggies

This isn't anything rocket science, just a cool thing that I did today.  Tito and I went to HEB to grab a couple of things this morning and asparagus was something like $1.47/lb.  It's usually well over $2 if not $3.  I bought 3 bunches!  I chopped off the bottom inch or so and then just broke them in half, washed them, layed them out and let them dry out on a paper towel.  Then I just put them back in the produce bags from the store and put a clip on the and popped them in the freezer...I know, I know I'm a genius....


Asparagus, trimmed, snapped in half and some in the bag

Bagged and clipped, ready for the freezer!

So, take advantage of sales, buy more than you need and freeze!!!  My husband is just going to love when I tell him that I need a deep freezer for the garage.  MUHAHAHAHA (evil laugh)

1 comment: