Put things bright

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Awesome Washing Soda

Yeah, yeah I know, I added awesome but I just call 'em like I see 'em.  This stuff seems to be almost as bodacious as Borax.  Here are the uses that I have found and on the box.


1) Laundry Detergent
2) Laundry booster for stains, ground-in dirt, greasy stains.
3) Sweat stains
4) Collar and Cuff Stains
5) Food stains (Mustard, chocolate, blueberry, cola, meat and grease splatters, olive oil)
6) Other stains (make-up, blood, grass, clay)
7) Other solutions

I've got to try some of these uses out myself!  The price is similar to Borax....3 lbs 7 oz for somewhere between $2.50 or $3.00. 

1 comment:

  1. First off - you might have already seen a link similar to this on how to make liquid soap - but I really want to try this out: http://www.thefarmersnest.com/2011/11/liquid-hand-soap-diy.html

    Also, I'm curious - have you tried making a homemade oxy clean yet? I was looking for a way to get out spit up stains since regular laundry detergent (I use All Free & Clear for the baby clothes) doesn't cut it. I found this: http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2012/01/24/three-homemade-cleaning-solutions-that-save-you-money/ but was disappointed in the results. The stains lightened slightly but are definitely still there.

    Anyways - you asked for suggestions on what you should try next, so I thought I'd submit one. :-)

    ReplyDelete