Put things bright

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gettin' off the eye gunk...

I love make-up, lotions and just beauty products in general.  I sell one of the nation's top make-up and skin care products so I'm probably talking myself out of a job here but I just want to give you options!  First, the products I sell occasionally truly are amazing but there are a few things that contributed to my changing:

1)  Save money because even with my 50% discount I spend a lot of money on buying those products.

2)  I have almost no problems skin-wise.  Very little acne and it's some woman hormonal acne so it doesn't I could wash my face with alcohol or the fat of my steak and it wouldn't change the acne.  It's not zits, it's just red bumps that peel a lot. 

3) While I don't have skin problems, I do have very sensitive skin.  I have had allergic reactions to hypo-allergenic products where my whole face swells and turns bright red....that's really attractive.  I'm very pale with freckles and red tinted or just flat red if I am cold, hot or drink like 2 sips of wine. 

4) I have to change stuff up or I think I would lose my mind.  I just get bored with things and have to change.  For example, my mom who I am very close to, we even bought a house a 1/2 mile from her, can literally eat the same meal for years and I do mean years!  I can eat something MAX 5 times and then I start gagging.  Anyways.....I need change!!

I was looking for a way to get my eye make-up off with that didn't cost so much.  Originally, I used the eye make-up remover I sell which is really amazing stuff that just melts the stuff off your face.  Then I needed a change and used the little towelettes which also work great but both of those are pretty expensive.  So, after that I bought the store brand of Neutrogena remover.  It's also great! I saw somewhere that you can use avocado oil to get your eye makeup remover off.  So of course, off I went on the hunt!  I found it at HEB by the olive oil.  I tried it on a cotton ball and it worked alright but the cotton ball sucked it up pretty fast and it didn't work very well, so I tried just using my fingers and it's awesome because it is thick like olive oil! I love it!  It doesn't burn my eyes and it gets my make-up off really well!  Here's the price breakdown:

-Eye make-up remover that I sell at my 50% discount: about $2.35/oz....YOWZERS!
-Store-brand Neutrogena: $0.87/oz......manageable but goes really fast!
-Avocado oil (I bought a huge bottle for $14, can't remember how many ounces and I am NOT a math person.): $0.60/oz and I have been using it for about 2 months with only my fingers and have not even used 1 oz.  SERIOUSLY!!!

*Update:  Coconut oil also works as an eye make-up remover so I read, I haven't tried it yet.  I have been using the avocado oil for about 2 months and literally have used less than an inch in the bottle.  Here's a picture of it!
This is a pretty big bottle so I poured it in my old eye make-up remover bottle and am using that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment