Put things bright

Monday, January 30, 2012

Joyful Jewels

We all know jewelry can be very difficult to organize and still remember what you have especially if you have the ridiculous amount of cheap jewelry that I do (don't tell Tito that I admitted to that!).  I also keep a couple of perfumes up there but I'm not as into that so it's not as big of a deal but I did want to try to keep them contained.  I didn't get a before picture of the entire dresser but here's what my jewelry box looked like....yikes!!!
After a little bit of internet research and getting the wheels turning in my brain here's what I came up with.  I bought the following for $7.83 at Hobby Lobby, the local art supply store.

I wrapped the fabric around the board and hot glued it on and then nailed in the nails and hung the bracelets.  You can put the nails in a random order or in rows.  Hang a bracelet on to measure where to put the next nail in.  Either hang it up or just lean it up against the wall like I did after I tried hanging it and it fell within .25 seconds.  Here's the finished product. 

So next, I needed to contain my jewelry so I found a container I already had lying around and wrapped the extra fabric aroudn and hot glued it on.  I could have hemmed the edges but I just cut it and didn't even measure it, I'm far from a perfectionist.  Here's the supplies:
And the finished product...

I have always put my earrings in a craft case....here it is:

And everything all put together....

Let me know if you have any cool ways to organize, I still have a lot of organizing in my house to do!

1 comment: